Become a Shareholder
On May 16, Title III of the JOBS Act came into effect – the landmark federal crowdfunding exemption allowing businesses to raise money through online platforms from both accredited (rich people) and non-accredited (everybody else) investors. This means that social enterprises like ours can now raise capital from our community.
The Go Girls! Culture Code
At Go Girls! Camp, we have a culture code that breaks down our vision of a compassion revolution into bite-sized pieces; we practice these points every day with all the girls to ensure we’re working towards the big picture. As Go Girls! we:
- Say Yes – we’re ready for anything. To keep the fun going, we say yes. We say no to keep ourselves safe.
- Give and Take – we give to others and we’re happy. We take in the good and we’re healthy. We’re Go Girls! and we belong.
- Make Mistakes – we’re not perfect. We celebrate our efforts and learning. We can grow and change.
- Feel My Feelings – we feel happy and angry and everything in between. We can act calm, even if we’re not. We’re right as we are.
- Take Center Stage – we make brave and bold choices. We have the power of our voices, our bodies and our imaginations. We’re part of the whole play.
Benefits for girls
Our summer camp is for girls-only because we recognize that our society is out of balance, and girls especially are being hit hard by this. Levels of disengagement, disconnection, and distrust are rising dramatically in our neighborhoods, schools, and workplaces. Lacking the skills to successfully bridge differences and communicate effectively, people and communities are being driven further and further apart.
This compassion deficit is affecting girls the most. Many girls, from kindergarten age through to high school, are taking part in behaviors associated with bullying or witnessing bullying crimes in their schools. And 32% of girls aged eight to 17 say that their biggest concern is being judged, made fun of, or teased. We also know from research that this compassion deficit can have a negative impact on mental health and development.
We have a responsibility to ensure the most vulnerable members of society, including young girls, can thrive – that they can keep themselves safe, respect and love themselves, be empathetic, and make brave choices. Go Girls! kids’ camp is here to help them reach their full potential; girls can be superheroes, leading a global compassion revolution!
Follow the stories of co-founders, Lynn Johnson and Allison Kenny, and their own daughter whom they adopted through the foster care system on the Raising a Go Girl! blog.
Meet the amazing women and men of the Go Girls! Advisory Board.
Wanna learn what Go Girls! Camp is all about?
Come to one of our original shows this summer. They are free and fun for the whole family!