Go Girls! Camp is looking for an AMAZING Visual Artist for Session #2 (July 11-22) at our Palo Alto location!
Glitter & Razz Productions LLC is currently seeking a VISUAL ARTIST for temporary full-time employment a our Go Girls! Camp Palo Alto Location from July 11 – 22, 2016.
Compensation: We are committed to paying teaching artists a fair and competitive salary. Starting salaries range from $1600- $1800 DOE per 2 week session.
Site: Palo Alto, Session #2 (July 11 – 22, 2016)
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30am-4:30pm and until 6:00pm on the final Friday
Training*: Mandatory Training days the weekend of May 28-30, 2016.
*This training is led by Co-Founders Allison Kenny and Lynn Johnson. You are paid a stipend for your time to attend and will be well-fed. In this training, not only will you learn the ins and outs of working at a Go Girls! Camp, you will also learn, practice, and strengthen the skills that will benefit your career as a teacher, teaching artist, youth worker, and girl advocate anywhere you choose to share your gifts in the world.
As a Go Girls! Camp Visual Artist, you will…
- Train with Glitter & Razz Owners to learn our Go Girls! Camp Methodology
- Prepare curriculum and high quality learning experiences according to the Go Girls! Methodology
- Lead girls ages 5-10 through the process of creating art that embodies the theme of each particular session. You will turn this art into a “set” or backdrop for each performance
- Lead 2-3 age appropriate art classes per day that support mistakes as part of learning, teach art techniques across modalities, support imagination, collaboration and generosity
- Design and make props and costume elements for each performance
- Lead daily “Community Circle” times that introduce content and facilitate small group experiences with our Go Girls! Culture Code
- Effectively manage a group of up to 45 girls using positive discipline techniques and relational attachment (camp ratio is 8:1)
- Work effectively with your team: Play Director, Assistant Teachers, Music Specialist and Middle School aged interns from the Go Girls! Leadership Team (GGLT)
- Support children to feel safe and have fun during community building, free play, snack and lunch times
- Connect daily with parents at pick up time, celebrating their children’s successes and discussing challenges appropriately
- Support children to manage conflicts peacefully by facilitating “talk-it-outs”
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our collaborating partners throughout the course of the summer
A Go Girls! Camp Visual Artist will have…
- At least 5 years of experience teaching art to young children ages 5-10
- Knowledge in and respect for ensemble-based collaborative processes of creating original performance
- Knowledge in and respect for expressive arts experiences that value process and allow for child-led art making
- Flexibility: multi-tasking and managing challenges in a variety of situations is key
- Confidence: we hire artists who can project calm and confidence
- Impeccable Social/Emotional Skills: Ability to manage stress and emotional triggers, willingness to use direct communication, ask for what you need and listen to others needs
- A Curious and Reflective Mind: the kind of person who is always learning, always thinking about how you can do better, open to loving feedback
- Great Boundaries: the ability to take good care of yourself by saying no when you need to and keep all kids safe at camp
- Positive energy: Kids do best with adults who model kindness & playfulness
- “Nothing to Hide”: all employees of Glitter & Razz are subject to fingerprinting background checks and TB testing
Fill out our on-line APPLICATION where you can UPLOAD your teaching resume and cover letter. In your letter, please include the following:
- Your philosophy of working with kids (how you do it and why you love it)
- Both your strengths and challenges as an artistic collaborator
- Why you are specifically interested in working at a Go Girls! Camp